Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Why does my Smart Phone make me feel stupid?

So I was dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century by a slightly over-zealous Verizon employee.  I gave up my comfortable little flip phone and now I am the proud, yet frustrated owner of a LG Spectrum Smart Phone.  I have a very cute pawprint case and more extraneous techno gadgetry than I will ever use.

Now I can text; make that now I might text.  My ability to text is severely limited by, let's see...age, poor eyesight, tiny little keyboard, impatience and the ridiculous habit of my phone to assume I'm typing something that's not even close!!  Yesterday, I was typing lumberjack and the stupid phone kept changing it to Kim.  What the heck??  I'm an English teacher!  If I wanted to type Kim, I would have typed Kim.  It took about six times of deleting Kim for the phone to finally admit that lumberjack was intentional.  


As for the rest of the innovative technology on my new phone, I think I'll wait a week for school to start and then talk to students.  I may be in charge of their grades and education, but they're light years ahead of me in the Smart Phone department.  Meanwhile, I'll practice texting...along with practicing profanity.  Anyone who needs to get a hold of me can text me...just don't expect a quick response!



No comments:

Post a Comment